Our music section has a number of guitar books as listed below. Their condition varies from excellent to acceptable.
Scroll down for more photos.
Titles, Type (Condition) and Individual Prices.
Please add Maine’s 5.5% Maine State Sales Tax
Shipping for 1 book is $3.98. Shipping for 2-4 books is $7.98. Shipping is free for 5 or more books from this collection.
Note: The three main book types are hardcover, trade and mass market. “Trades” are any paperback larger than the typical pocket-sized book generally associated with romances and other fiction.
Below is a list of some of the titles and their individual prices. (This is a working draft, so some information may change in the next couple of days; I just wanted to get it up and running before the rest of my schedule got in the way, as seems to happen too frequently.):
1) How to Play Guitar, by Roger Evans. Trade. (Very Good) $5.00.
2) The Guitar Handbook, by Ralph Denyer. Trade. (Very Good) $5.00
3) Guitar Method Book 1, by Hal Leonard. Trade. (Good) $3.00
4) The First Book for the Guitar – Guitar Technique, by Frederick Noad. Trade. (Very Good) $4.00
5) Johann Sebastian Bach – Intermediate Arrangements for Guitar, arranged by Howard Vaughn Tennison. Trade. (Good) $2.00
6) How to Write Songs on Guitar, by Rikky Rooksby. Trade. (Very Good) $5.00
7) Bach for Classic Guitar. Trade. (Very Good) $3.00
8) Carcassi Classical Guitar Method. Spiral Bound Trade. (Good) $15.00
9) Antonio Carlos Jobim Anthology. Trade. (Good) $3.00
10) Playing the Guitar, Frederick M. Noad. Trade. (Good) $4.00
Also, we have…
11) The Standard Guitar Method, by Dick Bennett. Trade. (Very Good) $25.00 [Note: This is the EXACT same book my dad bought me in 1972 when I got a guitar for Christmas. Never did learn how to play. Still have the guitar, though.]
12) Through the Years, as recorded by Kenny Rogers, by Steve Dorff and Marty Panzer. Trade. (Good) $45.00 ($49.00 & $50.00 on Amazon.
13) 700 Years of Music for the Classic Guitar, compiled by Albert Valdis Blain. Trade. (Very Good) $95.00 (starts at $119.00 on Amazon)
And a guitar instruction DVD…
14) Simply Guitar: Expert tuition to guide you from the basics for beginners to the more advanced playing… DVD. (Very Good). So far, I can’t find this anywhere, and wonder if it came with a book as well. Will research further. For now, the price is $30.00.
Individually, these add up to $244.00 (which is cheaper than Amazon).
Buy them all for just $195.00! (Plus free shipping.)
All sales, after expenses, go to support The Grief Warrior Project, a suicide prevention drop-in center in development. The Grief Warrior Project‘s support group room is located at Heritage Collectibles. FMI: Linda, 207 / 740-2247.
NOTE: With the exception of nearly 14,000 books, plus maps & music (sheet music & vinyl), most of our antique and other inventory can now be found at the Undercover Antique Mall in Oxford. We are booth number 56.
We hope you will enjoy our revamped shop, as well as our booth in Oxford, as you did our original retail space on Main Street.
For those planning to check out the revamped Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps, we are still in the same building, but our new entrance is at the back of that building.
Just enter 9 Park Street, Lewiston into your GPS and park in the nearest available spot. Our entrance is through the door at the end of the building on the right hand side. You’ll see signs in the windows (“Retail Store” and “Heritage Collectibles” and “Antiques” as well as others; you’ll also see my silver Jeep Liberty parked nearby.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us since August of 2014!
In memory of my beloved husband John K Snyder… 20 Sept 1956 – 21 Oct 2016.
He loved our shops, especially the section we called Heritage Books, Maps & Ephemera – that was his baby.
He loved me like crazy, and oh how I loved him.
Follow our blog at https://warrior-project.org, in honor of my husband, and all others who have been lost to internal demons that in the end, overwhelmed them.
All of the profits after expenses from Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps will go to help fund The Grief Warrior Project, a suicide prevention drop-in and counseling center in the process of being developed.
(Please Note: The Grief Warrior Project is in no way intended to be reflective of, or piggy back off, Wounded Warriors which serves those military personnel wounded after September 11, 2001. Like too many others, John was a warrior long before then.)