We’re in the final stages of closing the antiques & furniture portion of the shop, while preparing to reopen what’s now the back room / furniture gallery as a used bookstore.
Therefore, there are some really good deals going on today (Saturday, November 18) and tomorrow (Sunday, November 19)! If you need bookcases or furniture or office chairs, come take a look!
The place is a wreck… we’re still packing those items that are going to other shops but would be thrilled to sell inventory now, rather than moving it! Once inventory is moved to the other locations (or any that stays here after this weekend), the sale will no longer be in effect!
So come on in and save money now!
Here’s the previous information on the changes (although some of it is outdated… I’ve just run out of time to rewrite it… sorry!):
Because my day job is so demanding, and it’s been tough to keep up with the shop on Main Street since my beloved John died, I’m trying to simplify the business, and have begun putting a lot of our inventory in various other antique malls and flea markets.
You can now find us in the shops listed below! (I’ll always say “us” because this business was our baby… my husband’s and mine.)
Unfortunately, this also means our Main Street shop location will be closing around the first to middle of November. We aren’t having a “going out of business” sale because the business isn’t closing, we’re just moving inventory to other shops, but there will be a couple of sales…
Today (Sunday, the 15th) is the last day of our current Book Sale, Fill a Bag for 5 Bucks… we’ll be having another, with loads of new books added, beginning on Sunday, October 22. More info to come!
Then around the end of October or beginning of November, we’ll be selling some of the larger furniture I don’t want to deal with moving (unless I have to), fixtures and so forth. So watch for that sale, too!
As always, if you’re coming from any distance, please give me a call ahead of time to ensure I’ll be open… if our hours don’t work with your schedule and if I can possibly swing it, I can be available some mornings before 10:00. Most afternoons through the evening, I’m at my social work job until at least 8:00 pm but I could possibly open up after I get out of work.
Some Quick Details:
- Pricing. The prices given are firm, especially if I have to drive to one of the other locations to pick it up and ship it to you. Some of the shops our inventory is in may give a discount for any individual item valued at more than a certain dollar figure if you buy it from them directly… that’s between you and the policies of whichever shop the item is located in.
- Holding Items. Sorry, none of the shops we’re doing business with will hold an item without payment as we’ve all been burned by this in the past.
- Availability. I hate to say this, but please do not call or message me to ask if an item is available… if the post doesn’t indicate in the title that the item has sold, then I believe it hasn’t yet been sold. Your best bet would be to call the shop it’s located in and ask them. Some shops will, however, tell you they don’t have the staffing or the time to go check.
- Shipping. If you definitely want an item and are willing to pay the purchase price upfront and to have it shipped to you (which we’ve done in the past), we absolutely will continue to do that – although it could take a week or more before we can get it sent out. (It’s my overloaded plate… I’m a full-time social worker with a challenging schedule, so generally a requested item will have to wait until a regularly planned trip to the shop in question.)
- Questions. I try to put as much information as a buyer might need in the description, and provide pictures that include both the highlights and any dings or damage to the items. Because I no longer have the items listed readily available, it could be a week o more before I can respond to a specific question if I have to physically go to the shop where the item is located to get any answers.
Layaway Plan: Please see our “Details: Layaway Plan” page.
Payment Information: Please see our “Details: Payment & Pricing” page.
Shipping & Delivery Information: Please see our “Details: Shipping & Delivery” page.
Until about mid November, 2017:
189 Main Street, Lewiston ME.
As of Thanksgiving of 2017, Heritage Collectibles has closed its 189 Main Street storefront, and is in the process of moving most of the antique & furniture inventory to other shops (see below). We are keeping the furniture gallery section of the shop, however and will use that to house Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps…. it will primarily offer books, maps, records & ephemera. We’d love it if you would follow our blogs! (Our Heritage Books & Maps blog isn’t presently as active as the Heritage Collectibles one.)
https://heritagecollectiblesmaine.com & https://heritagebooksandmaps.com
After about the first of December, 2017:
189 B Main Street (rear entrance, off the alley at the end of the building, on the Park Street side), Lewiston ME.
As mentioned above, this space will be reopened as Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps, with the books and maps being my husband’s personal baby. This shop will carry specialized books, Maine & New England items, maps, ephemera and other cool stuff. Hours will likely be Saturdays from 10:00-4:00 or by appointment only… or as I have time to open.
This will also be the location of The (Grief) Warrior support groups.
Our other locations, as of October 1st, 2017:
Oxford – The Undercover Antique Mall, 960 Main Street. (207) 539-4149.
We have some great, less expensive inventory for you to check out at the Undercover Antique Mall, seven days a week from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm! We’re in booth #56.
Scarborough – The Southern Maine Indoor Flea Market, 578 U S Route 1. (207) 229-4263. Looking for cookbooks and kitchen-related items? Check out our small space (#99) at the Southern Maine Indoor Flea Market, seven days a week from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm!
Waterville – Hathaway Mill Antique Mall, 10 Water St. (207) 877-0250
We now have a space (Booth #23) in the brand spanking new Hathaway Mill Antique Mall! Here you’ll find only items produced in or before 1965.
Westbrook – The Den of Antiquities, 1399 Bridgton Rd. (207) 650-3007.
Just ask for us by name, or by booth 56! The Den of Antiquities is a wonderful antique shop with loads of great items, including our own! Please come check us out, Tuesdays through Sundays, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Other Ways of Finding Us:
Sign up for our Weekly Specials by Text club! Just text us at 207 740 2247 with the message “HBM Weekly Specials” and you’ll receive a single text every Monday morning with info on book-related special good through Saturday of that week! (As of September 1st, 2017, we are no longer offering text specials for Heritage Collectibles.)
You can also find us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/heritagecollectibles and https://www.facebook.com/groups/heritagecollectibles
And we’re on Twitter! https://twitter.com/heritagegifts.
In memory of my beloved husband John K Snyder… 20 Sept 1956 – 21 Oct 2016.
He loved our shops, especially the section we called Heritage Books, Maps & Ephemera – that was his baby.
He loved me, and oh how I loved him.
Follow our blog at https://warrior-project.org, in honor of my husband, and all others who have been lost to internal demons that in the end, overwhelmed them.
All of the profits after expenses from Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps and Papa’s Thrift Shop will go to help fund The (Grief) Warrior Project, a suicide prevention drop-in and counseling center in the process of being developed.
(Please Note: The (Grief) Warrior Project is in no way intended to be reflective of, or piggy back off, Wounded Warriors which serves those military personnel wounded after September 11, 20o1. Like too many others, John was a warrior long before then.)