There are so many different categories of humor that I could break these down into, but I tried to keep it simple… Here are a few cover photos. For more, please scroll down to the end.
I’ll update this blog as I add more books – we have dozens more at the shop!
Note: The three main types are hardcover, trade and mass market. “Trades” are any paperback that are larger than the typical pocket-sized book generally associated with romances and other fiction.
– Favorite Humorous Stories of Irvin Cobb, Hardcover (Very Good): $12.00
– Please Don’t Eat the Daisies, Mass Market (Good): $2.00
– The New Yorker Book of Dog Cartoons, Hardcover (Excellent): $4.00
– Business Cat – Money Power Treats, Over-sized Trade (Excellent): $4.00
– Middle-Aged Spread (For Better or Worse), Over-sized Trade (Good): $4.00
– Starting From Scratch (For Better or Worse), Over-sized Trade (Good): $4.00
– I’m Flying, Jack (I Mean Roger), Foxtrot, Over-sized Trade (Good): $4.00
– Still Pumped from Using the Mouse (Dilbert), Over-sized Trade (Good): $2.00
– Love is Hell, by Matt Groenig, Trade (Very Good): $8.00
– Send in the Stunt Mom, Trade (Good): $4.00
– Sergio Aragones’ Next Mad Book, Mass Market (Acceptable to Good): $15.00
– That’s Doctor Sinatra, You Little Bimbo, by GB Trudeau, Trade (Good): $4.00
– The Doonesbury Chronicles, Trade (Acceptable): $2.00
– The Jelley Jar, The Last Dose of Morphine & Other Cartoons, Trade (Very Good): $15.00
– The Daily Show: America, Teacher’s Edition, Over-sized Trade (Excellent): $4.00
– You Better Not Cry – Stories for Christmas, Hardcover (Excellent): $5.00
– The Life & Times of Heidi Abromowitz, Mass Market (Acceptable): $2.00
– Sextacy, Hardcover (Excellent): $15.00
– The Darwin Awards, Trade (Excellent): $4.00
– The Best of the Best American Humor, Over-sized Trade (Excellent): $4.00
– The Bananas Book of Valentines, Over-sized Trade (Good, some are loose): $4.00
– Without Feathers, by Woody Allen, Mass Market (Acceptable): $1.00
– 637 Best Things Anyone’s Ever Said, Mass Market (Good): $4.00
– Why I Hate Canadians, Trade (Excellent): $4.00
– The Yogi Book, Trade (Very Good): $4.00
– Mark Twain – Wit & Wisecracks, Hardcover (Excellent): $4.00
– Mark Twain – Letters from the Earth, Mass Market (Acceptable): $2.00
All sales, after expenses, go to support The Grief Warrior Project, a suicide prevention drop-in center in development. The Grief Warrior Project‘s support group room is located at Heritage Collectibles. FMI: Linda, 207 / 740-2247.
NOTE: With the exception of nearly 14,000 books, plus maps & music (sheet music & vinyl), most of our antique and other inventory can now be found at the Undercover Antique Mall in Oxford. We are booth number 56.
We hope you will enjoy our revamped shop, as well as our booth in Oxford, as you did our original retail space on Main Street.
For those dying to check out the revamped Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps, we are still in the same building, but our new entrance is at the back of that building.
Just enter 9 Park Street, Lewiston into your GPS and park in the nearest available spot. Our entrance is through the door at the end of the building on the right hand side. You’ll see signs in the windows (“Retail Store” and “Heritage Collectibles” and “Antiques” as well as others; you’ll also see my silver Jeep Liberty parked nearby.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us since August of 2014!
In memory of my beloved husband John K Snyder… 20 Sept 1956 – 21 Oct 2016.
He loved our shops, especially the section we called Heritage Books, Maps & Ephemera – that was his baby.
He loved me like crazy, and oh how I loved him.
Follow our blog at https://warrior-project.org, in honor of my husband, and all others who have been lost to internal demons that in the end, overwhelmed them.
All of the profits after expenses from Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps will go to help fund The Grief Warrior Project, a suicide prevention drop-in and counseling center in the process of being developed.
(Please Note: The Grief Warrior Project is in no way intended to be reflective of, or piggy back off, Wounded Warriors which serves those military personnel wounded after September 11, 2001. Like too many others, John was a warrior long before then.)