We are wicked excited to offer this Vintage Elgin Atomic Sunburst (or Starburst) Mid Century Modern clock! Oh, how I love this piece!
I’ve personally wanted one of these for years, but my house is already full to the brim with “stuff” – and besides, as John and I repeatedly told each other, if we bought everything from the shop that we love and took it home, we’d have to have a 10,000 square foot house … and an income to match!
Mid Century Modern is HOT right now, and this is a classic. Just ten years ago, this clock was selling for maybe $100… Well, I definitely paid more than that to outbid two others at a local auction! In the past year, the value of Elgin Starbursts has climbed to as much as $500.00, although $300.00-$350.00 seems about average.
Dimensions: It’s big! A full 30″ from top to bottom.
Condition: Very Good to Excellent! It does have some tarnish which is not unusual. The battery mechanism may have been replaced (it seems newer than one would expect) although I am no expert on those. I do know the clock has been keeping perfect time since I replaced the battery 48 hours ago.
Price: $275.00. (Plus the usual 5.5% Maine State Sales tax, of course.)
Please note: The shop will be closed for about a month beginning in late August (dates still to be determined), while Linda visits her daughter and son-in-law for the birth of her first biological grandchild! Prices on many items are being reduced prior to that time, to help get the shop cleared and organized, and ready for new inventory when Linda returns – in time for the holiday season.
Some Quick Details:
- Prices Are Firm. We do not negotiate on the prices listed in our blogs… they’re set based on what the item cost us and our expenses in running the shop.
- Sales. We do occasionally have sales or reduce the prices on an item (usually if the item has been in the shop for at least 6 months with plenty of marketing). If so, that reduced price will be posted.
- Holding Items. Sorry, not without payment. We used to when we first opened the shops, and found that too often the person asking us to hold an item never came back and we lost sales in the interim to someone who was standing there with cash in hand. Obviously, that’s not good business.
- Questions. This is tough… I’d like to be responsive to everyone who has questions, but I work full time as a social worker, and full time at this shop hoping that someday it will make enough money so I can retire from that social work job. This means I have very limited time to respond to questions, especially if those questions have already been answered in this blog or on our various posts. So I may not have time to respond…
- Dealers. We’re happy to talk to you! Please remember to bring a copy of your State Resellers License.
Layaway Plan: Please see our “Details: Layaway Plan” page.
Payment Information: Please see our “Details: Payment & Pricing” page.
Shipping & Delivery Information: Please see our “Details: Shipping & Delivery” page.
189 Main Street, Lewiston ME.
Heritage Collectibles and Heritage Books & Maps have been combined into one shop: Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps. We’d love it if you would follow our blogs! (The Books and Maps blog isn’t as active as the Heritage Collectibles one.)
https://heritagecollectiblesmaine.com & https://heritagebooksandmaps.com
5 Park Street, Lewiston ME.
Papa’s Thrift Shop has re-opened at 5 Park Street (it’s in the same building as Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps but with a separate entrance around the corner from the 189 Main Street address)! Papa’s website is: https://papasthriftshop.com/
10 Water Street, Waterville ME.
We now have a small space (Booth #23) in the Hathaway Mill Antique Mall! Here you’ll find only items produced in or before 1965.
Other Ways of Finding Us:
Sign up for our Weekly Specials by Text club! Just text us at 207 740 2247 with the message “HC Weekly Specials” and you’ll receive a single text every Monday morning with info on specials good through Saturday of that week!
You can also find us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/heritagecollectibles and https://www.facebook.com/groups/heritagecollectibles
And we’re on Twitter! https://twitter.com/heritagegifts.
In memory of my beloved husband John K Snyder… 20 Sept 1956 – 21 Oct 2016.
He loved our shops, especially the section we called Heritage Books, Maps & Ephemera – that was his baby.
He loved me, and oh how I loved him.
Follow our blog at https://warrior-project.org, in honor of my husband, and all others who have been lost to internal demons that in the end, overwhelmed them.
All of the profits after expenses from Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps and Papa’s Thrift Shop will go to help fund The Warrior Project, a suicide prevention drop-in and counseling center in the process of being developed.
(Please Note: The Warrior Project is in no way intended to be reflective of, or piggy back off, Wounded Warriors which serves those military personnel wounded after September 11, 20o1. Like too many others, John was a warrior long before then.)