We picked up a great little lot of 70+ year old Extension Service manuals, brochures & pamphlets… some are a real blast to scan through.
For example, the “Pest Control Materials” handbook includes DDT, which wasn’t banned in the U.S. until 1972.
The titles of the manuals in the lot is listed below. The number of pages given includes front & back covers, because that’s the way the Extension Service numbered them.
- Apple Spray (1947), 16 pages ($2.00)
- Conifers of Maine (1949), 20 pages ($2.00)
- Hardy Stocks in the Apple Orchard (1947) – 2 copies, 16 pages each ($1.50 each)
- Harmful Weeds of the Mustard group (1942), 8 pages ($1.50)
- Keeping Bees in Maine (1946), 36 pages ($4.00)
- Mastitis (1940), 16 pages ($2.00)
- Meat Preservation for Home Use (1943), 8 pages ($1.00)
- Modern Meat Cookery (1947), 12 pages ($1.00)
- Pest Control Materials (1949), 112 pages ($5.00)
- Potato Ring Rot (1945), pamphlet ($1.00)
- Pruning (1903), 40 pages ($4.00)
- Septic Tanks for Rural Homes (1946), 16 pages ($2.00)
- Some Field Weeds in Maine (1942), 28 pages ($2.00)
- Timely Helps for Farmers (1909), 4 pages but numbered 33-36 and appears to be part of a larger manual ($1.00)
Condition: Very good.
Price: $24.00 for the lot or as priced above. (Plus the obligatory 5.5% State of Maine Sales Tax, of course.)
Layaway Plan: Please see our “Details: Layaway Plan” page.
Payment Information: Please see our “Details: Payment & Pricing” page.
Shipping & Delivery Information: Please see our “Details: Shipping & Delivery” page.
Heritage Collectibles and Heritage Books & Maps are being combined into one shop: Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps, located at 189 Main Street in Lewiston. We’ll still have two separate blogs: https://heritagecollectiblesmaine.com and https://heritagebooksandmaps.com.
Please follow either or both, and show us you like us! (The more followers, likes and comments we have, the more impetus we have to put our efforts into presenting you with cool products and fascinating reads!)
Papa’s Thrift Shop is being re-opened at 5 Park Street (same building, separate entrance around the corner)! We hope to be up and running by February 15. Papa’s website is: https://papasthriftshop.com/
Sign up for our Weekly Specials by Text club! Just text us at 207 740 2247 with the message “HC Weekly Specials” and you’ll receive a single text every Monday morning with info on specials good through Saturday of that week!
In memory of my beloved husband John K Snyder… 20 Sept 1956 – 21 Oct 2016.
He loved our shops, especially Heritage Books, Maps & Ephemera – it was his baby.
He loved me, and oh how I loved him.