Take a look at these three sweet little rocking horses!
Condition: Each is in very good condition.
Horsie #1 (antique, colored, carousel-style) – $48.00!
Horsie #2 (vintage or vintage style, with the white mane) – $18.00!
Horsie #3 (vintage, brown mane) – $24.00!
Plus the 5.5% Maine State Sales tax, of course.
Location: The horsies can be found at our booth (#56) at the Undercover Antique Mall, 960 Main Street, in Oxford.
Some Quick Details:
- Pricing. The prices given are firm, especially if I have to drive to one of the other locations to pick it up and ship it to you. Some of the shops our inventory is in may give a discount for any individual item valued at more than a certain dollar figure if you buy it from them directly… that’s between you and the policies of whichever shop the item is located in.
- Holding Items. Sorry, none of the shops we’re doing business with will hold an item without payment as we’ve all been burned by this in the past.
- Availability. I hate to say this, but please do not call or message me to ask if an item is available… if the post doesn’t indicate in the title that the item has sold, then I believe it hasn’t yet been sold. Your best bet would be to call the shop it’s located in and ask them. Some shops will, however, tell you they don’t have the staffing or the time to go check.
- Shipping. If you definitely want an item and are willing to pay the purchase price upfront and to have it shipped to you (which we’ve done in the past), we absolutely will continue to do that – although it could take a week or more before we can get it sent out. (It’s my overloaded plate… I’m a full-time social worker with a challenging schedule, so generally a requested item will have to wait until a regularly planned trip to the shop in question.)
- Questions. I try to put as much information as a buyer might need in the description, and provide pictures that include both the highlights and any dings or damage to the items. Because I no longer have the items listed readily available, it could be a week o more before I can respond to a specific question if I have to physically go to the shop where the item is located to get any answers.
Layaway Plan: Please see our “Details: Layaway Plan” page.
Payment Information: Please see our “Details: Payment & Pricing” page.
Shipping & Delivery Information: Please see our “Details: Shipping & Delivery” page.
Until about mid November, 2017:
189 Main Street, Lewiston ME.
For now, Heritage Collectibles and Heritage Books & Maps have been combined into one shop: Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps. We’d love it if you would follow our blogs! (The Books and Maps blog isn’t as active as the Heritage Collectibles one.)
https://heritagecollectiblesmaine.com & https://heritagebooksandmaps.com
After mid November, 2017:
5 Park Street, Lewiston ME.
I’m planning to reopen this space as Heritage Books, Maps & Ephemera, which was my husband’s personal baby. This small shop will carry specialized books, Maine & New England books, maps, ephemera and cool items. Hours will likely be by appointment only, or as I have time to open.
This will also be the location of The (Grief) Warrior support groups.
Our other locations, as of October 1st, 2017:
Mechanic Falls – The Willows, 345 South Main Street. (207) 345-7047.
The Willows bills itself as the largest indoor flea market in the state, and it IS big. We weren’t able to get floor space or a full booth quite yet, but we do have a section (#273) on the third floor with loads of old tools and electrical equipment!
Oxford – The Undercover Antique Mall, 960 Main Street. (207) 539-4149.
We have some great, less expensive inventory for you to check out at the Undercover Antique Mall, seven days a week from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm! We’re in booth #56.
Scarborough – The Southern Maine Indoor Flea Market, 578 U S Route 1. (207) 229-4263. Looking for cookbooks and kitchen-related items? Check out our small space (#99) at the Southern Maine Indoor Flea Market, seven days a week from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm!
Waterville – Hathaway Mill Antique Mall, 10 Water St. (207) 877-0250
We now have a space (Booth #23) in the brand spanking new Hathaway Mill Antique Mall! Here you’ll find only items produced in or before 1965.
Westbrook – The Den of Antiquities, 1399 Bridgton Rd. (207) 650-3007.
Just ask for us by name, or by booth 56! The Den of Antiquities is a wonderful antique shop with loads of great items, including our own! Please come check us out, Tuesdays through Sundays, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Other Ways of Finding Us:
Sign up for our Weekly Specials by Text club! Just text us at 207 740 2247 with the message “HBM Weekly Specials” and you’ll receive a single text every Monday morning with info on book-related special good through Saturday of that week! (As of September 1st, 2017, we are no longer offering text specials for Heritage Collectibles.)
You can also find us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/heritagecollectibles and https://www.facebook.com/groups/heritagecollectibles
And we’re on Twitter! https://twitter.com/heritagegifts.
In memory of my beloved husband John K Snyder… 20 Sept 1956 – 21 Oct 2016.
He loved our shops, especially the section we called Heritage Books, Maps & Ephemera – that was his baby.
He loved me like crazy, and oh how I loved him.
Follow our blog at https://warrior-project.org, in honor of my husband, and all others who have been lost to internal demons that in the end, overwhelmed them.
All of the profits after expenses from Heritage Collectibles, Books & Maps and Papa’s Thrift Shop will go to help fund The Warrior Project, a suicide prevention drop-in and counseling center in the process of being developed.
(Please Note: The Warrior Project is in no way intended to be reflective of, or piggy back off, Wounded Warriors which serves those military personnel wounded after September 11, 20o1. Like too many others, John was a warrior long before then.)